100/365


Today is my 100th photograph from this year! It is amazing how time flies! Not only is is my 100ths photo but it was my last day working with the kids at Head Start in Detroit, Michigan. I was very sad to be leaving and I think the kids knew it was my last time saying goodbye to them. Soon I will be back and who knows when I might have a few of my own! 

It is funny how some kids really have an impact on you. There were several kids in this classroom that simply inspired me to push forward with my schooling and persue my passion for kids. It is always hard to say goodbye to any one but it is something we have to do all the time. People are in and out of our lives constantly but it is hard for me to understand myself as one of those people. A person in and out of other peoples lives. The thought is a little painful. I like to think that I don't actually leave but I just can't be as close or available.

When we change schedules or go in different directions the people we are closest with are obviously going to change but does that mean that we are actually gone? Or are we just in a different place? I will never really know what kind of impact I had on any of these kids but I can only hope that at least one or two of these kids.

Love yourself. Love your family. (blood or by loyalty) Never be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. Follow your heart.

-M

Comments

Popular Posts