Feel Better.


I am absolutely obsessed with this song. I am pleasantly surprised by how alive Willow Smith is and she speaks the truth. I feel like Willow perfectly captures raw emotion and put it into every element of the song. 

Listen. 
Feel better. 
Get Empowered. 
Get Super Charged.


It is hard to be an emotional person. When you are in tune with your emotions you can tune into others emotions. This is where things can get cmplicated. Emotions are often associated with feelings and feelings are full of different kinds of energy. Energy, like in science, can be transfered from one person or thing to another. Intentionally and unintentionally. What I am trying to say is at a certain level of knowing yourself you enter a different level of conscoiusness where you can feel the people and world around you.  

When you think and feel outside of yourself it is important to make sure you know about it. This is so you can protect yourself from things and people trying to enter your conscious and subconscious. Your body is your container and a tool of life. Your mind and sense of self are held in your brain. Just as your body has different layers for protection and to hold its form so does your mind. I like to call building your mind the mental olympics. When you know yourself very well you can no longer be swayed or moved into places you don't want to be unless you make that decision. 


You making a decision is the key component. Everything in your life in some way or another is a choice and if you feel the things you are doing right now are not your choice I seriously advise you to reconsider what it is you do. This is the essence of being and knowing yourself. Making choices because you think and thought about it. Take care of yourself in the best way you can by being yourself. When you successfully do that you will not be shaken by much.  

It is hard to tune out the voices of your family and friends so you hear your true thoughts unaltered by outside influence. You are the only person who knows what you want and what is best for you. This is not advice for you to stop listening to the people around you. Listening is important too but when it comes to decision time, make damn sure it is what you want. 



Listening to your thoughts is a piece of advice I was given in my last year of school by my dear friend Tarah. Since she said this to me, my life has changed drastically for the better. But this advice goes deeper than making decisions. It plays equally into your reactions and responses to others. When your emotions don't control you, being able to think clearly through any situation lets your thoughts on the bigger picture shine through. 

The bigger picture is always on my mind. My goal is to always have a positive impact on the world and that can only be achieved by being the best me at all times. The only way to be the best me is to just be myself by making sure the decisoins I make are what I really want. This applies to you too! 


So you want to change the world? 

Just BE yourself. 

The world needs you. 




Photos of me by Melania Plasko



Comments

Popular Posts